This project is read-only.

Failing tests

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I just checked out the NPOI code from https://npoi.svn.codeplex.com/svn and built it in VS 2008 Professional.  I'm getting 324 failed unit tests, and they all seem to be caused by exceptions like this:

`Unable to create instance of class TestCases.DDF.TestEscherBlipRecord. Error:  System.IO.IOException: Data dir '..\..\..\TestCases\test-data\ddf' specified by system property 'POI.testdata.path' does not exist.`

I debugged the unit tests, and this exception is thrown because the current directory when the POIDataSamples.Initialize() method is called is "C:\WIP\npoi\NPOI\TestCases\bin\Debug\TestResults\myusername_mymachinename 2010-08-27 07_45_38\Out".  The path needs an extra "..\..\" to work.

Do you guys have any thoughts on how I can avoid making this change to get my tests to run?

UPDATE

It looks like the path isn't my only problem.  The "test-data" directory is missing from the TestCases project.  I noticed that it does exist in the AllInOne solution, though.  Should I be building that one, rather than the NPOI solution?

UPDATE #2

The AllInOne solution builds after I add the missing Days360.cs file, but has no unit tests.